Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the Rancho 3" trail system with the RS9000XL shocks up front and RS5000's in the rear. I love the ride, I'm sure it's pretty similar. I have my front set at 3 in the front and 4 in the rear. Hit some rough trails this last week and it was a pretty smooth ride. One thing I have found out is that I got 4 1/2" of lift out of the 3" system. If you are looking to level, keep in mind that the lift is rated at 2" after you have the added weight of winch, bumpers, large spare and added accessories...and shocks/springs have settled. If you don't plan on extra weight from the above listed, you may be looking at 3"-3 1/2". I might be wrong, hopefully user RANCHO will chime in to correct me if I am. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actual height gain on rancho 2" sport suspension lift kit.

I have the Rancho 3" trail system with the RS9000XL shocks up front and RS5000's in the rear. I love the ride, I'm sure it's pretty similar. I have my front set at 3 in the front and 4 in the rear. Hit some rough trails this last week and it was a pretty smooth ride. One thing I have found out is that I got 4 1/2" of lift out of the 3" system. If you are looking to level, keep in mind that the lift is rated at 2" after you have the added weight of winch, bumpers, large spare and added accessories...and shocks/springs have settled. If you don't plan on extra weight from the above listed, you may be looking at 3"-3 1/2". I might be wrong, hopefully user RANCHO will chime in to correct me if I am. Hope this helps a little.
So if what you say is true then do I get messed up by doing this lift and will it result in too much lift that would require all sorts of additional work like driveshaft extensions etc? I've heard that anything over 2.5 inches of lift kit requires new shafts etc.

Eeek!

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Most coil lifts are going to net at least the advertised height but can be higher. 2.5" is borderline for extra mods needed with a 2dr but not so much worry with a 4dr.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have this kit but with the 9000XL shocks. I got almost exactly 2" and put 33s on. I think it is great! I am super happy with it on and off road. I would recommend the adjustable shocks though as I actually use them for different settings. I have them on the softest ride for on the streets and go midway for off road. When I am pulling a trailer I stiffen the rear all the way up and it really helps with the load.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I ordered this yesterday from Quadratec. I talked with Rancho a lot about this as I was worried about reverse rake. The kit comes with new springs on the front which adds 2 inches. The back comes with 1.75 inch spacers for a 2 door and .75 for a 4 door which will level the ride. I am no longer worried about reverse rake after talking with them.

P.S. I got mine for $285.77 shipped to my door from Quadratec. They price matched this website.

Rancho RS66109BR5 - Primary Suspension System w/Shock; RS5000 Series; 2 in. Lift; Sport System; Incl. Front Coil Spring; Rr Coil Spcr; Rr Brk Line Brkt Kit

·
Registered
379 Posts
So if what you say is true then do I get messed up by doing this lift and will it result in too much lift that would require all sorts of additional work like driveshaft extensions etc? I've heard that anything over 2.5 inches of lift kit requires new shafts etc.

Eeek!
I'm not positive how much of an angle it will increase the driveline. My rear line was good, but had to extend the front. But it also was 4 1/2" in the front. An easy way to check is to measure your fender at stock height. Then take a jack and raise the vehicle by it frame so the axel still sits on the ground and doesn't move. Jack it up and remeasure the same spot on the fender down to the ground. Keep raising till you reach 3"-3 1/2" higher than when you measured at the stock height. I say that much just to have some wiggle room in the event the lift is larger than 2". Once you have a 3" difference in your height, look under the chassis and check out the angles of both drivelines ad see how drastic they are. If you are hesitant about the new angle, play it safe and go smaller lift or be prepared to order up the extended shafts. I got my rubicon express for $415 and like $70 for the adapter...that's the front. Left my stock rear, that had barely any increase at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
so to all that have this lift. Is it all inclusive i.e. I get the box and walk out to my garage and install or is there extras I need to purchase as well. Thank you to the op I was going to as the same question you did.

·
Registered
341 Posts
It is inclusive from what I understand. Nothing else is required. You can always add more stuff though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts