Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just bought an 05 LJ, looking for a decent 4" lift to run 35" tires. What do you guys think of the Zone 4" lift kit? Would I need to run an SYE or would my driveline angles be fine since the LJ has a longer wheel base. Also If anyone is running that setup now how does it ride?

Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey guys, Just bought an 05 LJ, looking for a decent 4" lift to run 35" tires. What do you guys think of the Zone 4" lift kit? Would I need to run an SYE or would my driveline angles be fine since the LJ has a longer wheel base. Also If anyone is running that setup now how does it ride? Thanks!
I have the zone 4 inch lift. I like it rides great for the price. I do plan to eventually replace the shocks with some blistens but not any time soon.
You will need a front adjustable track bar and as for the SYE I am not sure. For 35s u might want to think about a body lift also.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm going to be doing the zone 4.25 combo lift on my 05 LJ, but only want to runs 33s. I've seen some pictures floating around here of others with the lift and 35s and it looks good. From what I've read, if you do the combo lift with the BL and MML you won't need the SYE and stuff. Check the picture forum, there's a thread there that might help you get an idea of the look too.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Hey guys,

Just bought an 05 LJ, looking for a decent 4" lift to run 35" tires. What do you guys think of the Zone 4" lift kit? Would I need to run an SYE or would my driveline angles be fine since the LJ has a longer wheel base. Also If anyone is running that setup now how does it ride?

Thanks!
The biggest issue with that kit (or any of the economy 4" kits) is going to be the fixed tubular lower control arms. The problem with them is the only place they have to flex as the suspension moves is in the bushings. This has a tendency to wear the bushings out fast, and if used off road with the sway bar disconnected, can rip the control arm mounts off the frame or axle. if I was going to use this kit, I would do two things. First, i would purchase a metalcloak adjustable front track bar to go with it, and secondly, i would plan on adding some johnny joint or duroflex joint control arms in the future.

·
Super Moderator
6,900 Posts
The biggest issue with that kit (or any of the economy 4" kits) is going to be the fixed tubular lower control arms. The problem with them is the only place they have to flex as the suspension moves is in the bushings. This has a tendency to wear the bushings out fast, and if used off road with the sway bar disconnected, can rip the control arm mounts off the frame or axle. if I was going to use this kit, I would do two things. First, i would purchase a metalcloak adjustable front track bar to go with it, and secondly, i would plan on adding some johnny joint or duroflex joint control arms in the future.
yep

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Yeah, if I was going to do the Zone 4" spring kit, I would sell the control arms in the kit and get some Currie or Metal cloak adjustables.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, I don't get the infatuation with the lift. There are far better lifts for not that much more. As Water Dog mentioned, the bushings are a real concern.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts