Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve never lifted anything, I’ve thought though my jeep would look nice with a mild lift. I’m thinking about going with the daystar 3/4 inch lift. I have a few concerns though, would something that mild hurt any of the suspension components? I’ve upgraded all my shocks to fox shocks a few years ago. Does it make sense to lift something that is nearly 10 years old?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I don't see any issues with it. You'll prob restore some sag in your factory coils with the spacers as well.

Reactions: Wandell

·
Registered
‘16 JKUR soft top manual. 2” Frankenlift.
1,089 Posts
I’ve never lifted anything, I’ve thought though my jeep would look nice with a mild lift. I’m thinking about going with the daystar 3/4 inch lift. I have a few concerns though, would something that mild hurt any of the suspension components? I’ve upgraded all my shocks to fox shocks a few years ago. Does it make sense to lift something that is nearly 10 years old?
The only issue is that you may get done and decide it’s too mild. It’s not a small undertaking to put a spacer lift in.

·
Registered
9,634 Posts
I’m not sure 3/4” would be noticeable and do much for you. Tend to agree that I wouldn’t bother unless it was more.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Installing 4 little spacers on factory springs couldn't be any easier unless you live in front of the beach and have never touched the bolts in the Jeep in years :)

·
Registered
‘16 JKUR soft top manual. 2” Frankenlift.
1,089 Posts
PB Blaster for the win!

It’s not difficult, but it is time consuming.

probably good experience though. Then in a year when you decide to put a 1.75” spacer up front, you will have the expertise

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey man. Just getting back into having a Wrangler again. I never lifted my old TJ just shoved 31” tires on her with wheel spacers.
If I were in your boat…
I honestly wouldn’t waste the time, money, energy. Just go to a 2” - 2.5”.
You actually look like you lifted it a little.
That’s my two cents.

·
Registered
2010 JK
590 Posts
If you're looking to run 33s, go for a 1.5" front 1" rear spacer lift. You will need a kit that includes longer sway bar links, and 1" more bump stop. 0.75" is barely noticeable.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts

I would do this above if you just want a spacer system. I've seen cheap spacers deteriorate.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Dear lord, if you ought to spend $300 on "spacers" might as well lift it with a cheapy lift. Little more gets you at least spring and shocks. Lol

Dang it we're good at managing other people dove :) Btw Daystar poly spacers are Made in USA.

·
Registered
2010 JK
590 Posts
Dear lord, if you ought to spend $300 on "spacers" might as well lift it with a cheapy lift. Little more gets you at least spring and shocks. Lol

Dang it we're good at managing other people dove :) Btw Daystar poly spacers are Made in USA.
That Rancho kit is not a complete lift at all, though. There are a lot of required parts missing.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Lol, Don't we have a big thread about that same Rancho kit ? it's cheap and according to those in the thread it doesn't need anything else. I won't argue about what it has or doesn't i would not run it myself, but just saying if you ought to compare an "AEV" $300 spacer kit, might as well go with something that at least can carry a little weight and replace the factory shocks with a new fresh set.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts