Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what some of you in the snow belts do with the stock rims and tires, when you buy new rims.
Do you swap them out, or sell the stock rims? I was going to swap out come winter, but not sure what I want to do.
The Jeep is almost 10 years old, plus the space it takes up to store them. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I run two sets of tires one bigger set for offroading and a smaller set on stock rims for running around and for winter use.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,861 Posts
If you sell the OEM's, you will be lucky to get $200-350 for the set, including tires because there are so many of them on the market.

I kept mine so when I sell/trade in mine, I can pull off my AEV Saltas and put the stockers back on. AEV's are not worth any more to a dealer than OEM's. Sell my Saltas or put them on my next JL or JT.

Reactions: joemd60

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
If you sell the OEM's, you will be lucky to get $200-350 for the set, including tires because there are so many of them on the market.

I kept mine so when I sell/trade in mine, I can pull off my AEV Saltas and put the stockers back on. AEV's are not worth any more to a dealer than OEM's. Sell my Saltas or put them on my next JL or JT.
I have done that with my last two trades as well.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My old set sit stacked behind my shed.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Forgot to post back, I ended up getting $400 for the set. Some guy in an old XJ bought them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts