Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have opinions on a throttle body spacer for a 4.0??

·
Registered
77 Posts
I put one on my 2.5 i noticed a small power increase. I think its worth it if your just looking to get a little more power out of your engine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You will get better results out of it if you upgrade your exhaust to all that new air in your engine will need somewhere to go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
One major improvement is to replace the 2.5L throttle body with a 4.0L throttle body. It is a bolt in procedure and you will see a big gain in performance.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
Complete waste of money on a 4.0L engine, at least in my strongest possible opinion. I've had two, both given to me for tests and neither made a noticeable difference. And the couple of local Jeepers I know that tried them said the same thing. :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
With the airaid intake, poweraid spacer, and cut off cats with a flowmaster, it made a hell of a increase in gas mileage, and alot of lower end torque on my 4.0. But also running the Hypertech powerprogrammer as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've always wondered about those myself. dealers say they increase up to 10hp, but I havent seen any actualy dyno results as to where the 10hp comes from.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
i've heard from many people that throttle bodies don't make a difference and if so its not big at all...i've seen better results from a catback and maybe a header with some high flow cats

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there a boost for the 4 cyl.

I've read a lot about the throttle body spacer having no effect due to the fuel injectors and air flow regulator offseting the effect of improved air intake. Is this only true on the 4.0? Will there be a benefit for the 4 cyl engines or is it the same physics. :confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
From every thing I have read, on line, and on these threads, the throttle body is most effective on the 4 bangor, and has little effect on the I-6.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts