Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
94 Wrangler Sahara, I6.

I'm getting a pretty decent thud when I'm driving in 4x, enough to where I doubt it's a good idea to even use it but being in MN....

I can definitely feel it in the front end and it's only in 4x. My 4x also seems to be working on and off. I have to park on a hill, and I'll engage the 4x prior to parking it so it isn't such a pita when I have to leave in the morning, but sometimes I will just sit and spin even though I engaged it earlier and the light is on.

I'm hoping it's not transfer case related but I'm not sure. I'll finally have access to a garage to check it out on Thursday, so any help before then would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
do you have a posi? mine thudded real loud when i engaged it after i got it because i pulled the red button before engaging the t case, now i do the t case then posi and ive had no problems

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
ummmm yeah, disengage your front axle and see if you can spin the front shaft by hand...if it moves freely, pull it back in 4x4 and see if you can still move it...if it doesn't move then your case is good. Now, that being said, do it level ground with the engine off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts