Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of Aug's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
94 Wrangler Sahara, I6.

I'm getting a pretty decent thud when I'm driving in 4x, enough to where I doubt it's a good idea to even use it but being in MN....

I can definitely feel it in the front end and it's only in 4x. My 4x also seems to be working on and off. I have to park on a hill, and I'll engage the 4x prior to parking it so it isn't such a pita when I have to leave in the morning, but sometimes I will just sit and spin even though I engaged it earlier and the light is on.

I'm hoping it's not transfer case related but I'm not sure. I'll finally have access to a garage to check it out on Thursday, so any help before then would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
do you have a posi? mine thudded real loud when i engaged it after i got it because i pulled the red button before engaging the t case, now i do the t case then posi and ive had no problems

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.