Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've seen some people mention this on other sites etc but when I check out Thule.com it says there is no snowboard rack (bike carrier with snowboard rack attachment) for the spare tire for JK wranglers... Is that true? Anyone have a spare tire mounted rack for skis/snowboards that they recommend?

I have a 2011 Rubicon with a hard top, but I'd rather steer clear of the roof racks...

Thanks for any info!
Adam

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
adamk858 said:
Hey guys,

I've seen some people mention this on other sites etc but when I check out Thule.com it says there is no snowboard rack (bike carrier with snowboard rack attachment) for the spare tire for JK wranglers... Is that true? Anyone have a spare tire mounted rack for skis/snowboards that they recommend?

I have a 2011 Rubicon with a hard top, but I'd rather steer clear of the roof racks...

Thanks for any info!
Adam
Before I drilled thru my hard top to install racks I had the Thule bike rack ski mount mounted to my Thule spareme bike rack. It worked great for 2 years, I just wanted my stuff on the roof instead. I always felt the need to support all of the weight of the rack when I opened the door and I just got tired of it. It still worked great tho and ill probably use both this summer.

It's a great rack tho. Very well built and fits great on a Thule spare me

1 - 2 of 2 Posts