Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2.5L and when it's idleing I hear a very quite tick every once in awhile. What coul this be? Could running thicker oil, or running some motor honey threw it stop this problem?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I read on another thread that Marvel's Mystery Oil will help. Seems like snake oil to me but I bought a bottle and put a little in my gas tank yesterday. We'll see if it helps.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha! ^^^^

Quick question, when you relocate your rear track bar, do you only need the one bracket?

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I use one bottle of Lucas oil stabilizer....IDK what is in it but I know it works.....cures the rattle every time....just put one in at the time of oil change

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm a believer in Marvel Mystery Oil. used it for years then quit. I'll add a quart before time to do an oil change and run it for a couple hundred miles and then change the oil. Since I started back using it, seams things are quieter. Works or not I don't know but I feel good about it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Check your distributor, remove the cap and see if it has side to side movement. If so that could be your sound.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The rotor shaft that is.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've been hunting down my engine noises for a few months now. Replace exhaust manifold, timing chain and gears, steering pump, lifters, rockers, and just yesterday distributor. Each replacement made it a bit quieter. As of now no more noises that I'm worried about

1 - 13 of 13 Posts