Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a ticking sort of sound that is somewhat quite at idle and gets louder with acceleration. Any ideas? I'm thinking exhaust leak, but do yall know of any ways to pinpoint the leak? I'm probably going to put some of that miracle oil in to see if that does anything, but I'm definitely open to suggestions. I know there is a very small oil leak somewhere, which I'm hoping the miracle oil will fix for now, but could that be the cause? BTW I got a 2002 TJ 2.5l

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does the ticking go away after the engine warms up or stay constant? I have a exhaust manifold bolt that the head broke off years and years ago but never replaced it because as soon as the temp goes up and the metal expands and it stops. I too have the 2.5 and think this is fairly common. I'd start there

·
Registered
60 Posts
There's a ticking sort of sound that is somewhat quite at idle and gets louder with acceleration. Any ideas? I'm thinking exhaust leak, but do yall know of any ways to pinpoint the leak? I'm probably going to put some of that miracle oil in to see if that does anything, but I'm definitely open to suggestions. I know there is a very small oil leak somewhere, which I'm hoping the miracle oil will fix for now, but could that be the cause? BTW I got a 2002 TJ 2.5l
Might be lifters might be headers u could take a hose and put it up to your ear and just start putting it in different spots and see if it gets better or worst

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It doesn't go away ever. Doesn't get quieter over time or louder. Just stays constant. Let's assume it was the lifters, how would I fix it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts