Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Commercial Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 50K and have noticed a loud ticking noise comeing from the drivers side of the engine. Ticking accelerates with gas peddle.

Is this covered under warranty? Anyone know what’s going on here? Time to unload this?

2015 JKUR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,574 Posts
I have 50K and have noticed a loud ticking noise comeing from the drivers side of the engine. Ticking accelerates with gas peddle.

Is this covered under warranty? Anyone know what’s going on here? Time to unload this?

2015 JKUR

Hi Bmaez,
We're sorry to hear about your "ticking" concern. Warranty coverage is determined after a proper dealer diagnosis. If any assistance is needed while working with your dealer, feel free to send our team a private message!
Alex
Jeep Cares

·
Commercial Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Bmaez,

We're sorry to hear about your "ticking" concern. Warranty coverage is determined after a proper dealer diagnosis. If any assistance is needed while working with your dealer, feel free to send our team a private message!

Alex

Jeep Cares

Thanks Alex. I have an appointment on 23 Oct at the Jeep dealer in Pensacola, Florida (Hill Kelly Dodge) at 0900. If you can make sure I’m taken care of I’d appreciate it. Just want a fair experience and the right diagnosis. Love the Jeep. Hate to let it go for customer service.

Please send a link to send your team a private message.

Thank you in advance.

Ben.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just had a bad lifter replaced for same noise on left side. Of course warranty was over in dec. Had to replace camshaft and lifters. Was an expensive repair. mines a '14

·
1,574 Posts
Thanks Alex. I have an appointment on 23 Oct at the Jeep dealer in Pensacola, Florida (Hill Kelly Dodge) at 0900. If you can make sure I’m taken care of I’d appreciate it. Just want a fair experience and the right diagnosis. Love the Jeep. Hate to let it go for customer service.

Please send a link to send your team a private message.

Thank you in advance.

Ben.

Hi Bmaez,
If you click on our name, there will be an option to send us a private message!
Alex
Jeep Cares

·
Commercial Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just had a bad lifter replaced for same noise on left side. Of course warranty was over in dec. Had to replace camshaft and lifters. Was an expensive repair. mines a '14

Wow...what was the mileage on you vehicle and by expensive are you talking over 1k?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have 71k and it was $900. Besides labor which was around 6 hours, camshaft was the expensive part $220. Lifters are small cheap parts. I dont believe the camshaft generally needs to be replaced but due to the way my lifter was damaged, it dug into the shaft. And this is all after I had to pay 1k for fix my oil cooler housing failure (that should be recalled). My shop did try seafoam first to see if that would clean it up and save money, which i have heard from others that it does work, as well as a different oil weight, but in my case, i had actual damage. Good news is the shop said other than that, my engine looked extremely clean inside. lol. If I ever get another jeep, i will make sure to purchase the extended warranty

·
Commercial Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have 71k and it was $900. Besides labor which was around 6 hours, camshaft was the expensive part $220. Lifters are small cheap parts. I dont believe the camshaft generally needs to be replaced but due to the way my lifter was damaged, it dug into the shaft. And this is all after I had to pay 1k for fix my oil cooler housing failure (that should be recalled). My shop did try seafoam first to see if that would clean it up and save money, which i have heard from others that it does work, as well as a different oil weight, but in my case, i had actual damage. Good news is the shop said other than that, my engine looked extremely clean inside. lol. If I ever get another jeep, i will make sure to purchase the extended warranty

You’re making me nervous with all of this and only 71K. What do I need to keep an eye out for with the oil cooler housing?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought a used 2016 last year that ticked like a tock. Did't know it wasn't normal until being around more Jeeps. The dealership replaced lifters, camshaft, etc. under warranty. I don't know how expensive that job is but I would like to know because they only did the right side. LOL Fingers crossed

·
Registered
79 Posts
The oil cooler housing was more of an issue on the '14s. That has its own thread here on the subject. Oil leaking near the front of the tranny can be a sign, but if you look where your oil filter is, you can see oil pooling as well.
For the ticking, many have had that fixed under warranty.

·
Commercial Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Bmaez,
If you click on our name, there will be an option to send us a private message!
Alex
Jeep Cares

Dropping off this morning.

Appreciate you reaching out Alex

Thanks,

Ben

·
Commercial Member
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're welcome, Ben! We're always happy to help.

Alex

Jeep Cares

Alex,

Bright my Jeep in this morning and pulled up right behind another 2015 rubicon. He brought his in for the same problem. Engine Ticking.

Hope we’re not competing for parts. Is there a policy for loaners if they’re extended stay vehicles?

·
1,574 Posts
Alex,

Bright my Jeep in this morning and pulled up right behind another 2015 rubicon. He brought his in for the same problem. Engine Ticking.

Hope we’re not competing for parts. Is there a policy for loaners if they’re extended stay vehicles?

Hi Ben,
Loaners are up to the discretion of your dealer. The dealers do own their loaner vehicles so they dictate the policies surrounding them.
Alex
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm having the same issue on my Willys 2015 coming up on 70,000 miles, ticking noise just started a few weeks ago and increases during acceleration.

I did see the STAR Case Number: S1309000016, so it appears to be a known issue.
Hoping it's covered under warranty, so we'll see.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
after the head/camshaft/lifters swap, change your oil to 5w30!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts