Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add a couple of GlowShift 2 1/16" gauges to a 2-gauge A-pillar replacement panel. Both gauges allow for 30% dimming when the headlamps are activated . . . just like the existing gauge cluster. To do this, I need to tie in to a 12V positve headlamp source. I'll also need to tie in to a 12V ignition-switched source.

Any ideas on how best to do this with my 2017 JKU? Do the LED headlamps affect my options?

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
The LED headlights will not affect you, but the CANBUS may. Aftermarket LED headlights have to provide an anti-flicker pulse width modulator. You cannot connect to the low beams for then when on high beams they would be back on full brilliance and vice versa for connecting to the low beams.

It is possible that the wiring connection to the LEDs on the 2107 has changed, for on the LED headlights the large element is on for low beams, and that element an 3 smaller ones are on for high beams. It is more likely that it is a connection inside the LED case, that way the wiring to the headlights did not need to be changed.

You could connect to the headlight wires, but it would take two relays, one activated on high beams and one activated on low beams with the output joined to go to your gauges.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts