Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this has been asked before. Can this tie rod end be taken out and replaced or do those grooves indicate that it is pressed in?

image-3819489223.jpg

·
Registered
290 Posts
Its not meant to be serviceable. You can get it out with heat and what not. If you have 17 inch wheels I'd look into ruff stuff kit

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not meant to be serviceable. You can get it out with heat and what not. If you have 17 inch wheels I'd look into ruff stuff kit
Yea I figured, I do plan to upgrade it in the future but hadn't planned on doing so right now. The ruff stuff kit is a damn good deal though. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
If damaged take advantage of the opportunity to get an HD one like Synergy or similar.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
When you buy the passenger side it should include the end and the bar. You can get the entire assy knuckle to knuckle from Extreme Terrain for under $130.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
My apologies if this has been asked before. Can this tie rod end be taken out and replaced or do those grooves indicate that it is pressed in?

View attachment 2056137
I've been having the same issues and questions because mine actually has some kind of clamp on that end as well. My steering has been sloppy so I'm wanting to change this out. I've already replaced the upper/inner tie rod on passenger side and the one on the pitman arm.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I once bought Moog tie rod ends all around before knowing that it wasn't serviceable. In a fit of rage, anger and spite I damaged the Moog end and ended up replacing the entire assembly with Synergy. I couldn't return the Moog ends after that. :pullinghair:

hindsight, I'm happy with the synergy for sure and its ALL serviceable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts