Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Herro there.

The tie rod ends of my 2012 Sport are shot. The tie rod just moves without much effort when I turn it. I am looking to keep the stock rod, but want to replace the ends with factoryish units.

Does anyone have part #s? I am not sure which to order. I need both sides, outers. Stealership/local part stores want way more money than what I can get them for online.

Thanks.

PS - I don't wheel hardcore, so I don't need a Teraflex/Synergy HD tie rod.

·
Registered
357 Posts
i just put moog parts on...tie rods shot with 14000 miles...moog has zirk fittings on them.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just put moog parts on...tie rods shot with 14000 miles...moog has zirk fittings on them.
Do you have part #s by any chance? I am looking at Moog's and am a tad confused with which to order.

·
Registered
357 Posts
that i do not.did this last week and already threw out the boxes.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those interested I am looking at Moog parts ES800594 and DS300005.

Looks like they should work.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so, here is a quick video. The first one I turn is the drag bar. I have a new drag bar, but am waiting to get the end to the pitman arm to show up. This looseness isnt normal, is it? Is it worth it to buy a new adjusting sleeve? Mine should be fine I assume.

Second thing I turn is the tie rod. I have one end but am waiting for another. Looks bad to me. Thoughts?

https://flic.kr/p/GucJtt

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Ok so, here is a quick video. The first one I turn is the drag bar. I have a new drag bar, but am waiting to get the end to the pitman arm to show up. This looseness isnt normal, is it? Is it worth it to buy a new adjusting sleeve? Mine should be fine I assume. Second thing I turn is the tie rod. I have one end but am waiting for another. Looks bad to me. Thoughts? https://flic.kr/p/GucJtt
That rotation is totally normal. You need to have somebody turn the wheel 9-3 back and forth.
A worn joint will pop up and down or have slop in either direction.

M

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, thanks. My neighbor is coming over to turn the wheel. I was really wondering if that movement was indeed normal. I assume the Jeep should be off jack stands?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nothing moves down there when the wheel is turned. Ball joints seem fine. Doing the drag link/ends anyway when the part comes.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You will also hear a clunking sound.
No sounds at all! I just replaced my track bar bolts with 9/16s and locking washers. Hopefully that helps.

However, the person that was steering the wheel was doing it lock-to-lock, instead of quickly back and forth. I will check once more later on.

Thanks dude.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts