Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Jeep JK Tie rod flops up and down and rattles. My Jeep has 30,000 km on it
(18,600 miles). This is the second time I have had the tie rod ends replaced.

Its a 2015 Rubicon Unlimited. Everything is stock except for 35 inch tires and raised fenders.

Can I just install 2 of these on my stock tierod? Would it help?

SYNERGY MANUFACTURINGÂ*::Â*Replacement PartsÂ*::Â*Synergy Jeep Heavy Duty Metal-on-Metal Tie Rod Ends

The first time my tierod started clunking i got them replaced and shortly after that the tie rod ends became loose again and I decided to just live with it. But now my front tires are cupped all along the middle of the tread. So I feel like stronger tierod ends are needed.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Edit: can I buy 4 of these and put them on the factory drag-link as well? I feel like that one has a bit of play as well, but idk if that is normal or not. The tie-rod play is definitely very excessive.

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
Two words: big tires.

Make sure the tie rod itself is still straight to keep eating ends. Stock ends are whimpy, as is the stock tie rod. I would upgrade the whole thing not just the ends. The stock draglink is pretty whimpy too.

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
And I am not sure if you can even change out the ends on the stock tie rod. Wait for someone more mechanically to chime in.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I don't think those are compatible with the stock components. But since you want it fixed I would suggest Steer Smarts YETI Extreme TR and DL. Both are no flop and will stand up to the abuse of 35" tires. It's not as cheap as those ends, but well worth solving the problem.

·
Super Moderator
22,075 Posts
Put on a yeti drag link and tie rod and be amszed

·
Registered
4,017 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
+1 Yeti tie rod

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright so looks like a whole new tie rod is necessary. As for the Yeti Draglink, can that be installed on a Jeep without a lift kit? My suspension is still as it left the factory.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Alright so looks like a whole new tie rod is necessary. As for the Yeti Draglink, can that be installed on a Jeep without a lift kit? My suspension is still as it left the factory.
Yes. You want the bottom mount version. 78067001

1 - 10 of 10 Posts