Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i hit a LARGE bump with my new (to me) 09 jku (unavoidable due to traffic) square on with both wheels stright, since then ive experienced a "wobble" only controllable by almost stopping upon inspection this morning i noticed two things. number one being this.

and number two

Possible culprit of wobble - YouTube

i can grab the tie rod and twist it. what is the torque specs on the ends? can i attempt to tighten them before replacemnt? the boots do not seem pinched or damaged

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Being able to Twisting the tierod is normal as it is a flex joint, however, the joint/socket should not be sloppy.

Hard to tell by the photo what you are referring to. Bent stabilizer?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bracket appears to have moved over? Would that cause the issue?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guy at a local shop seems to lean towards shocks he says nothing else seems visually bad or off its got 55k miles on it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tie rod movement is normal. Move your steering stabilizer bracket back to where it was and tighten it down. That wouldn't cause any wobble however. I'd check all your suspension bolts and retorque them to specs.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
55k ball joints and Tre's should all be checked and possibly replaced.

2 common issues
- ball joints
- drag link TRE at the passenger knuckle.
had it up at the shop on the hoist did visual inspection and checked for play, indicated at least 2 of the ball joints had been done already, other than that, he indicated 0 issues which warrented replacement (surprised me since its a Tuffy and i know they are repair happy) other than he didnt like the feel of the shocks as he went down the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts