Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Most likely it is due to your unfamiliarity with the Jeep.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most likely it is due to your unfamiliarity with the Jeep.
It wasn't stiff like that before.

I'm on my second JK, the first one was a 2013.

The stiffness is something that started over the weekend. One of the other symptoms is that the turning radius is bigger than it was before the stiffness

When the steering wheel is turned all the way, the wheels are turned only half of the usual way.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
536 Posts
If what you are saying is accurate, don't drive it on the road until you find the source of the problem. Do you have any experience troubleshooting the steering system? Did you hit any hard bumps, potholes, curbs, etc...?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If what you are saying is accurate, don't drive it on the road until you find the source of the problem. Do you have any experience troubleshooting the steering system? Did you hit any hard bumps, potholes, curbs, etc...?
Yes to the bumps.

·
Registered
536 Posts
If your wheels are not turning as they should with the steering wheel and it's considerably harder to turn for no appearing reason then you have something bent or broken. Is the Jeep still stock and under warranty?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your wheels are not turning as they should with the steering wheel and it's considerably harder to turn for no appearing reason then you have something bent or broken. Is the Jeep still stock and under warranty?
Yes

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Have you crawled underneath and taken a look? With a problem like that, you should see the damage. I would look and report back. Upload pictures if you do not know what you are looking for or at.

It wasn't stiff like that before.

I'm on my second JK, the first one was a 2013.

The stiffness is something that started over the weekend. One of the other symptoms is that the turning radius is bigger than it was before the stiffness

When the steering wheel is turned all the way, the wheels are turned only half of the usual way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts