Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to lift the Jeep I bought back in March, its bone stock with the original now tired suspension.

Looks like the Rough Country lift is the best bag for the buck but I want to be sure everything is there that I would need to do it right. Not looking to build a rock crawler just for power line trails and the beach.

Is it necessary to add a slip yoke eliminator?

Should I relocate my brake lines with whats provided in the kit or go for SS lines?

I want to run 33" tires but I'm not sure if my stock 15x8 rims will work. What do I need to do here?

Also noticed a few body bushings are starting to fail and the shackle bushings are cracked. Anyone have experience with a complete poly kit? Not sure if I should buy the mounts and shackle bushings separate? Do most shackle kits include the bushings for the frame as well?

Any other words of advice or things I should replace while everything is apart?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well mostly RC lifts are well priced some with shocks and all the necessary parts and i did put 31s on stock i don't think there will be a problem with 33s only if there is not enough back offset you might need a spacer.

Slip yok is a decent add however the kit mostly came with tc drop kit that will work well enough but you might lose some ground clearance.

You might also replace damaged bushing with new .

·
Registered
287 Posts
If I did another lift, I would go for the long lift vs the short. But since you wont be crawling much it shouldnt matter.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm ready to lift the Jeep I bought back in March, its bone stock with the original now tired suspension.

Looks like the Rough Country lift is the best bag for the buck but I want to be sure everything is there that I would need to do it right. Not looking to build a rock crawler just for power line trails and the beach.

Is it necessary to add a slip yoke eliminator?

Should I relocate my brake lines with whats provided in the kit or go for SS lines?

I want to run 33" tires but I'm not sure if my stock 15x8 rims will work. What do I need to do her

Also noticed a few body bushings are starting to fail and the shackle bushings are cracked. Anyone have experience with a complete poly kit? Not sure if I should buy the mounts and shackle bushings separate? Do most shackle kits include the bushings for the frame as well?

Any other words of advice or things I should replace while everything is apart?

Thanks in advance.
15 x 8 will work fine with 33x12.50's. You don't mention how high you want to lift your Jeep.....

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
If you are using the stock rims with the stock offset, and are stuck on 33" tires, BFG makes 33x10.50's. Other than that I would strongly recommend you gat a set of after-market rims with 3.5 - 4" offset. The ones I have are 3" offset, and my 33's rub a bit at full lock but do not bind.
As far a getting a slip yoke eliminator, I am personally not a fan of them as the drive shaft is weaker and much more prone to u-joint failure. They are also expensive to replace and you have to wait to get one special order usually. The shims combined with your transfer case drop kit will have you rolling much faster and cheaper.
As far as the brake lines, (I don't have a RC lift on mine but install a lot of them) I would suggest getting longer lines, but the RC kit is a good complete kit, and you can get by with what you get in the kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts