Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, finished the suspension lift (Rock Krawler) and wheels & tires (Pro Comp Hammers & Nitto Ridge Grapplers (33.81")). Now after driving it for a couple of weeks time to start thinking about gears and diff covers. Driving is about 40% off-road and 60% on pavement. Off-road is trail riding and hunting & fishing. Not going to go any larger on tires so I'm thinking that 4.56 for gears should be put me in the sweet spot for both. Looking at G2 gears and ARB diff covers from Quadratec. Anyone else have suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
40% off road is a lot. What year vehicle? is the 33.81" actual or what Nitto says they are? Transmission auto or manual? what are your present gears?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry....2012 Jeep Rubicon, 6 speed. Off road is mainly trails or dirt roads. Not rock crawling. Tire size is what is listed on mfg website.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
And 4.10 gears

I wouldn't think you'd gain that much from going to 4.56 from 4.10. If you're going to change, go to 4.88 min, maybe even 5.13. I have 4.88s on 35" wheels with a 6MT. I don't think the 4.88 is enough and wish I had 5.13s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts