Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SORRY- THIS RUN IS CAPPED

Hey everybody! :wavey::dance:

Yellow Jacket is a trail off of Lockwood/Miller Jeep Trail in Fraizer Park. It's a cool trail with pretty scenery, some small rocks and a flowing creek at the end of it. It's pretty brushy, green in some spots, and it dead ends.

I'm not one to worry about a couple scratches on my Jeep when wheeling, but on this trail, before we can wheel it all the way through, we usually need to hack away some of the branches/bushes in a spot or two, so we don't completely scratch up our junk.

I have spoken to my Ranger friends, as I do every year, :blunt: and have gotten the OK to use clippers to do a more thorough clean-up, if need be. In fact, they welcome it. We will also pick up any trash we see along the way, so bring a bag or two. It’s a fun group effort and usually doesn’t take but 15-30 minutes with everyone, depending on how badly it is still overgrown.

We'll run Lockwood, Yellow Jacket and Miller! So bring gloves, clippers, or something similar, (nothing power operated), bug repellant, a bag to throw away any trash we find on the trail, food and something cold to drink. Don't forget the Crazy!! :drool::whistling::mooning:

Your rig should have tow points and sliders. These trails are rated black diamond, but it's nothing a stock rig couldn't do.

I plan on camping Fri-Sun; June 20th-22nd, you can camp or make it a day run Saturday June 21st.

CAMP:Chucupate Campground * 1st come first serve. Fires are allowed with a permit. I’ll take care of that and print one out. This campground is pretty and full of trees and little critters.

DIRECTIONS TO CAMP: Drive to the Ranger’s Stationà34580 Lockwood Valley Rd. Frazier Park, CA 93225. From there, it’s 3 miles up the road with a big sign. 30 spots available accommodating RV’s up to 24’. All sites have a table, fire pit and there is a bathroom. Whoop Whoop!! :thumb:

Meet place Saturday: In front of the Ranger station. 34580 Lockwood Valley Rd. Frazier Park, CA 93225. We’ll just line it up along the side of the road !

Time: 930am Please be on time or early Saturday. I’ll leave on schedule! We will air down at the trailhead.

*There’s a Flying J as you exit the 5 hwy. Get gas if you need it, so plan for that extra needed time! 42810 Frazier Mountain Park Rd,Frazier Park, CA 93243*

I will cap this run at 15 rigs due to space limitations at the end of Yellow Jacket. If you aren't sure you can make the run, please wait to post until you are. Sorry, but no maybe lists for me :flowers:

As a bonus, we can run trails 118/119 Sunday..easy pretty ride..

When posting up, please let me know when you're coming, and if you're camping at all. :Thanx: Please bring wood if camping!

I'm ready for Crazy!! Who else?!!:drool::bop::beerdrinking:

1. IH8RDS-Lorie* camp fri-sun
2. USMC 0369-Nick* camp fri-sun
3. TNT-Tina & Ted*camp fri-sun
4. Bigpimpn-Jonny*camp fri-sun
5. Califrog-Mandy & Jason*camp fri-sun
6. Army (Obie)--sunday only
7. Greta
8. Cliff
9. Sal S and family**(2 young kids)
10. Lomita0311*camp Saturday
11. Enoc
12. Michael
13. Enrique S.
14. Jerry
15. Tina Fab and friend- camping
16. Lou
17. Clay
18. Chris S.
19. Michael's friend

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey everybody! :wavey::dance:

Yellow Jacket is a trail off of Lockwood/Miller Jeep Trail in Fraizer Park. It's a cool trail with pretty scenery, some small rocks and a flowing creek at the end of it. It's pretty brushy, green in some spots, and it dead ends.

I'm not one to worry about a couple scratches on my Jeep when wheeling, but on this trail, before we can wheel it all the way through, we usually need to hack away some of the branches/bushes in a spot or two, so we don't completely scratch up our junk.

I have spoken to my Ranger friends, as I do every year, :blunt: and have gotten the OK to use clippers to do a more thorough clean-up, if need be. In fact, they welcome it. We will also pick up any trash we see along the way, so bring a bag or two. It’s a fun group effort and usually doesn’t take but 15-30 minutes with everyone, depending on how badly it is still overgrown.

We'll run Lockwood, Yellow Jacket and Miller! So bring gloves, clippers, or something similar, (nothing power operated), bug repellant, a bag to throw away any trash we find on the trail, food and something cold to drink. Don't forget the Crazy!! :drool::whistling::mooning:

Your rig should have tow points and sliders. These trails are rated black diamond, but it's nothing a stock rig couldn't do.

I plan on camping Fri-Sun; June 20th-22nd, you can camp or make it a day run Saturday June 21st.

CAMP:Chucupate Campground * 1st come first serve. Fires are allowed with a permit. I’ll take care of that and print one out. This campground is pretty and full of trees and little critters.

DIRECTIONS TO CAMP:GPS: 34.43020, -119.86200..or if you don’t have GPS like me….drive to the Ranger’s Stationà34580 Lockwood Valley Rd. Frazier Park, CA 93225. From there, it’s 3 miles up the road with a big sign. 30 spots available accommodating RV’s up to 24’. All sites have a table, fire pit and there is a bathroom. Whoop Whoop!! :thumb:

Meet place Saturday: In front of the Ranger station. 34580 Lockwood Valley Rd. Frazier Park, CA 93225. We’ll just line it up along the side of the road !

Time: 930am Please be on time or early Saturday. I’ll leave on schedule! We will air down at the trailhead.

*There’s a Flying J as you exit the 5 hwy. Get gas if you need it, so plan for that extra needed time! 42810 Frazier Mountain Park Rd,Frazier Park, CA 93243*

I will cap this run at 15 rigs due to space limitations at the end of Yellow Jacket. If you aren't sure you can make the run, please wait to post until you are. Sorry, but no maybe lists for me :flowers:

As a bonus, we can run trails 118/119 Sunday..easy pretty ride..

When posting up, please let me know when you're coming, and if you're camping at all. :Thanx:

I'm ready for Crazy!! Who else?!!:drool::bop::beerdrinking:

1. IH8RDS-Lorie* camp fri-sun
2. Nick* camp fri-sun
3. TNT-Tina & Ted*camp fri-sun
4. Steve S.
Big Pimp N is in. I'll be there Friday mid day. :)

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:iamhappy:

Ranger friend asked if I could get a few pics of us on YJ trail..we'll have to come up with some fun poses ;) This run is always fun..we get dirty, sweaty, you may don a couple scratches, and it's just a dirty, fun, quick process. Team work!! :thumb:

We can do lunch either at the dead end of YJ or Lockwood/Miller crossing :)

Mitch- Parker's friend from the last run just signed on from FB..guess we didn't scare him off last time :lmao: He's come back for some more! :whistling: He makes 8 rigs already :punk:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
If you have room for one more? Never done any wheeling in this area & enjoy helping to keep trails open. :)
I'd like to camp and can be there Friday eve, albeit late in the eve probably.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have room for one more? Never done any wheeling in this area & enjoy helping to keep trails open. :)
I'd like to camp and can be there Friday eve, albeit late in the eve probably.
Had ya down Nicky ;) #2 Didn't know you stalked this site every now and then:mooning:

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SOMEONE told me that if I didn't have anything intelligent to say...soooo...
:funnypost:

Well.. :whistling: You get a pass..it has afterall, been a very long time since our last wheeling trip.:popcorn:
:bottom:

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmmm... hopefully it's warm enough that we can be topless (the Jeep, not Mandy :jawdrop:).
:jawdrop::funnypost:

:lmao::lmao::rofl2::rofl2: OMG that was funny!!!:worthy: Camp just wouldn't be the same without Mandy's J's!! It's tradition now!!:happyyes: We love you Mandy!! :flowers: Usually, things happen at Yellow Jacket's dead end as well :whistling::angel: Oh my goodness.. this is going to be a long time to wait for this run ...as usual!

That was freakin funny though!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Since when does it have to be warm for Mandy? Or Actually Tina and Lorie nowadays. All they need is a bachelor party in the area.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Geesh!! Ok guys, little update. This run blasted off. I only just posted yesterday. I only wanted 15 rigs. I figure I'll book 20 b/c there's always someone who doesn't show or post they aren't showing :nonono: :bottom:

Here's the deal...2 things.

1. If you are not going to be able to make it, PLEASE post up. Please don't just flake. It's inconsiderate of fellow wheelers, wheelers who wanted to come and I had to cap it, and also, I put a lot of work into making sure these runs are fun... It's disrespectful to me when you don't at least cancel either by posting, text or PMing me. :Thanx:

2. We now have 2 young children onboard for this run. G rated until they are not within eye sight or earshot! I know it'll be a challenge, but you have to respect them. :Thanx:

Please check out the first post of this thread periodically for a current list of who's going and any changes. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Geesh!! Ok guys, little update. This run blasted off. I only just posted yesterday. I only wanted 15 rigs. I figure I'll book 20 b/c there's always someone who doesn't show or post they aren't showing :nonono: :bottom: Here's the deal...2 things. 1. If you are not going to be able to make it, PLEASE post up. Please don't just flake. It's inconsiderate of fellow wheelers, wheelers who wanted to come and I had to cap it, and also, I put a lot of work into making sure these runs are fun... It's disrespectful to me when you don't at least cancel either by posting, text or PMing me. :Thanx: 2. We now have 2 young children onboard for this run. G rated until they are not within eye sight or earshot! I know it'll be a challenge, but you have to respect them. :Thanx: Please check out the first post of this thread periodically for a current list of who's going and any changes. :)

Hey Girl, now that you've become a celebrity not sure if I am worthy enough to wheel with ya. Lol. I am considering wheeling Calico this weekend, arrive late afternoon Saturday. Wheel Sunday Monday. Is anyone going out that way. So far it's just me & Brian. If not Calico I would love to try Cougar Buttes. Anyone?

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Girl, now that you've become a celebrity not sure if I am worthy enough to wheel with ya. Lol. I am considering wheeling Calico this weekend, arrive late afternoon Saturday. Wheel Sunday Monday. Is anyone going out that way. So far it's just me & Brian. If not Calico I would love to try Cougar Buttes. Anyone?
Sorry buddy! I wouldn't know! I'm homebound. Jeep's in the shop awaiting.....drumroll please!!! An Atlas 4.3 Baby!!:drool:

Have a good time this weekend!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts