Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love how the history cache of various forums acts as a psuedo time machine allowing a glimpse of the Jeeping community from just a few years ago.

The one aspect I find most humorous are those, who for some reason or another, bashed on the JK's in the early years but have since purchased one.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I love how the history cache of various forums acts as a psuedo time machine allowing a glimpse of the Jeeping community from just a few years ago.

The one aspect I find most humorous are those, who for some reason or another, bashed on the JK's in the early years but have since purchased one.
Having been around the Jeeping community since the mid 90's, I've been through 2 rounds of it. I bought my first TJ in 98, back when everyone mocked them for being too cushy and plasticky inside, crazy things like airbags that were going to instantly go off while wheeling and kill you or how dare you have functioning A/C. It was the end of real Jeeps. Fast forward 10 years, same thing. Everyone loved the TJ (even those that shunned it initially) and said all the same things about the JK. I've had a CJ, 3 TJ's, an MJ, an XJ, and 2 JK's and I know they're all good in their own way.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Having been around the Jeeping community since the mid 90's, I've been through 2 rounds of it. I bought my first TJ in 98, back when everyone mocked them for being too cushy and plasticky inside, crazy things like airbags that were going to instantly go off while wheeling and kill you or how dare you have functioning A/C. It was the end of real Jeeps. Fast forward 10 years, same thing. Everyone loved the TJ (even those that shunned it initially) and said all the same things about the JK. I've had a CJ, 3 TJ's, an MJ, an XJ, and 2 JK's and I know they're all good in their own way.
You failed to mention the greatest jeep debate ever... square headlights :) Can't have a "jeep time machine" thread without including that little gem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts