Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really need to know WHAT and Why .

I have a 2017 Wrangler Rubicon Two Door Manual Trans .
I am at 30,000 Miles so i need to do the Transfer case and Transmission (a Manual )
Thinking (not always good) i am not really into Mopar products .

So the question is what is better or cheaper lub to put back in the Transfer case and Transmission ( a manual) .

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Consider Amsoil Syncromesh for the trans.. Mopar ATF+4 for the transfercase.. The Amsoil was less expensive than MOPAR for the Trans.

·
Registered
846 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I don't subscribe to the "amsoil is the best thing ever" club. my current jeep is a automatic, but per a buddy's "request" when I changed fluid on my 01 wrangler manual I used the amsoil synchromesh...actually he might have even paid for it just so I would use it..LOL. it did definitely make it easier to shift into 2nd especially when the trans was cold. jeep had 190k and I have no idea what was in there or if it had ever been changed even....also I never tried anything else as I sold it before needing to change again. with that being said there was definitely a change for the better when I put the amsoil synchromesh in.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am a bigger believer in simply changing it often rather than spending a premium on the lubricant when it comes to the axles (this does not pertain to the transmission). I would use the heavier weight gear oil. Not sure if it is required in a Rubicon or recommended “when towing”.

·
Premium Member
9,433 Posts
I change every 25K miles tranny, transfer case and diffs. I use either Amsoil or Redline.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So Far i Thank you all . Amsoil For the Transmission going to stay with Mopar ATF+4 for the transfercase . Going to the shop next week .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts