Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to change my tires and I have 4 goodrich mud terrain I was given when I purchased my 2011 wrangler rubicon. As I don't go off road, should I sell them and buy all year round tires or use them daily on the road?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
What are of the world are you in? I had the M/Ts on my Willys and after the first winter I went with A/Ts. Rain performance wasn't great and unless we had +7" snow, wasn't that good either. This is the reason you won't find M/Ts with the "extreme" (flake in mountain) weather symbol.

·
Registered
493 Posts
So, what you're asking is, should you (a) sell your BFG for twenty cents on the dollar (ish) and pay retail for four new tires or (b) put four free tires on your Jeep?

Are the perceived trade-offs of M/T versus A/T worth what you're going to spend on option (a)?

·
Registered
587 Posts
So, what you're asking is, should you (a) sell your BFG for twenty cents on the dollar (ish) and pay retail for four new tires or (b) put four free tires on your Jeep?

Are the perceived trade-offs of M/T versus A/T worth what you're going to spend on option (a)?
So you’re saying he’ll get $200 for $1000 tires?
Assuming they’re near new I think that’s a bit far fetched.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Do you’re saying he’ll get $200 for $1000 tires?
It's not impossible but, to be honest, I'm not sure why "free tires" wasn't the obvious answer in the first place.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

So you’re saying he’ll get $200 for $1000 tires?
Considering 5 BFG KM2 with Rubicon wheels and TPMS sensors sell for about $800-1000 on craigslist new, yes he would probably get $200 for four tires.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Considering 5 BFG KM2 with Rubicon wheels and TPMS sensors sell for about $800-1000 on craigslist new, yes he would probably get $200 for four tires.
If he was “given” the tires it would be a 200% profit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts