Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my jeep, there was one major problem that I knew about...the frame! It is in pretty good shape all around other than one spot in the rear passenger side where it has rotted through in a significant portion of the frame. Here's what I have been looking at:

Auto Rust Technicians ART-42R - Autorust Passenger Side Rear Shackle Mount Section for 87-95 Jeep® Wrangler YJ - Quadratec

Anyone ever used this or a similar product! I know just using some metal would be cheaper, but I feel like I'd be better off spending the extra money and buying this so I don't have to worry about testing my amateur metal working abilities. I am decent at welding, so I'm not to worried about that.

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

P.S., I am planning on using POR-15 on the frame after I am done with this. Again, any feedback or suggestions on that are more than welcome! :thumb:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Go with it. I'm repairing my frame right now. So far it's costed menothin cuz my buddy gave me an old truck gas tank skid 1/8" thick. But it's been a bitch cutting bending trimming grinding and welding. The ones your looking to get will be way easier

·
Registered
21 Posts
When i got my 91 same thing so i got a donor frame cleaned and por15 it, looks great and real tough coating, i opted to reinforce my shock mounts w some plates i made to box em out, not a bad idea since it only took 30 mins and ones on my old frame had rusted off

Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle

Bumper Automotive exterior Floor Auto part Hammer drill

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input everyone, I think I'll order that part tomorrow. Where does everyone buy their POR15? Right now I'm thinking my best bet will be Amazon, seems like it's pretty reasonably priced there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts