Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2013 2dr Rubicon with 14k miles. It has a AEV 2.5 dualsport lift with Geo correction brackets and a Teraflex trackbar. It has kept me happy until now.

I recently changed my bumpers. Front is a Poison Spyder Mid-Brawler w/ skid plate to protect the swaybar motor. I also have an Engo winch mounted, so I added about 200+ lbs to the front. I changed the back bumper to a Poison Spyder RockBrawler without the tire carrier. I already had a terflex hinge and carrier.

This past weekend I went on a Jeep Jamboree out in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania. We had a blast and also experienced the limitations of my lift. The geo correction brackets have to go. Slammed on those quite a few times. I never really got hung up on them, but they hang down too much when it gets real rocky. The lift performed really well and I got all kind of compliments on how well it was articulating over the rocks.

I plan on adding better armor underneath like the EVO ProTek Skid system and an Evap skid. I'll change the fenders to flairs, maybe the Poison Spyder aluminum flares or Bushwhaker's for wheel clearance. I rubbed my existing bumpers a few times over the weekend.

With all of the weight I added my lift has settled and now have the rake back to the Jeep. I know I can add spacers, but now I'm considering upgrading the lift. When I'm loaded down with my recovery gear, tools, hi-lift jack etc. the rake is balanced out.

I like the geo-correction brackets for everyday driving, so to achieve the same effect I'll need upper and lower adjustable CA's. The Bilstien shocks now seem a little soft with the added weight. I've always liked the Metal Cloak lifts but never wanted a 3.5", but now they have the 2.5" option. Do you think I'm crazy thinking of switching to a 2.5" Metal Cloak Game Changer? Maybe just swap out the CA's.

I have not aded added any gussets or anything else to strengthen the axles.

What would you do? Anything I take off my Jeep will be recycled to my son's stock JK, so it won't go to waste.

·
Registered
100 Posts
MTNjeep, adding a quality dual rate coil kit from MC will definitely help with the newly added weight. But I dont know of it will be that significant to warrant a whole kit swap, IMO but maybe someone else with experience can chime in! As for the CAs...definitely go for the adjustables and from what I've heard,MCs duroflex joints are badass! Really, any of the big guys such as RK, TF and JKS will offer great products! Good luck!

Cam

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the more I think about it you're right. My son is talking up me changing lifts because he knows he will get the leftovers. I guess I can't blame him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts