Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been tinkering around on the Jeep today. With the 31's on it with no apparent lift I was rubbing on the lower control arms when I turned to the locks. As suggested added a couple of washers on each steering stop and no more rub!

After installing the washers and checking the clearance at full turn and not hearing the horrible rubbing I was able to hear another sound...a nice clicking coming from the rear. I'd noticed that leaving the driveway the rear tires were tearing the dirt up pretty good as I turned to back out, and also could feel a little pushing from the rear under cornering and quite a bit of wheel chirp. Sure does look like someone at some point installed an autolocker in the rear. Yeah. it's a D35 but hey. Don't have my floor jack handy to raise the thing up and verify but pretty sure there is one in there, will pull the diff cover and see exactly what I've got. Was planning on doing a full servicing on both diffs, transfer case and tranny anyway. Hah, it'll probably be my luck that there is no locker but the diff is full of mud and the spiders are galled! :rolleyes:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts