Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got the driver and passenger done the other day at 30%. Legal here.

Then I had the guy do a banner on the windshield at 5%. Its 4.75", and I LOVE this. Makes it feel like Im driving a chopped top. :dance:

Its alot darker inside, and will get more when I add on the dirtydog sunshade,, this is black and covers the white inside of hardtop.

·
Registered
347 Posts

Then I had the guy do a banner on the windshield at 5%. Its 4.75", and I LOVE this. Makes it feel like Im driving a chopped top. :dance:

Its alot darker inside, and will get more when I add on the dirtydog sunshade,, this is black and covers the white inside of hardtop.
Looks Good :thumb:

I'm debating on tinting my front windows but I am unsure of what percentage to put on them.

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
Looks Good :thumb:

I'm debating on tinting my front windows but I am unsure of what percentage to put on them.
If I were you, I would not go over what's the state law limit. In Utah it's 42% for the front and they are very strict over here.

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts

Looks good. I was debating if I should have mine tinted and I am deciding against it for now. The main reason being, I will be switching between going doorless and half doors in the summer and so I didn't see any point to the tint on my full front doors

·
Registered
338 Posts
doghound93 said:
I thinted mine to a 5% sunlight comes in
Wow! I would get pulled over all the time if I had tint that dark here. 30% is the legal limit here and cops pull people over for it all the time if they think you are darker than this.

·
Registered
524 Posts
i got mine legal because i went to a eye doctor and they said i could get it because light affects my eyes and how did you tint your soft top windows

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
You will really enjoy in the summer!
:D in the summer the windows should be somewhere in the garage where tint is pointless....

·
Registered
61 Posts
I used the static cling stuff. $7/roll. I just layed it down and used an exacto knife to cut. Stays on even when take windows off and roll them up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It took maybe 20-25min a side. I just laid the tint over the window and cut it out right on top. It's working great! No pealing, cracking or fading. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone in this forum can do it!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts