Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 623 Posts

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the way before picture...

the before picture

and the after.... (in the garage though, best I could do)

and yes, I did it myself!!!! wheee heeeee!!!

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
go tiny! i am impressed you did it yourself :D seriously that is pretty cool. looks awesome...your jeep is coming along very fast...soon it will look like MR. CLIFFORD's or scouts :D

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
I'd take it by that tire store that the salesman was so condescending and show him your new lift. "I did it myself, so here's a wrench up your nose!"

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Looking good tiny! I can appreciate the garage shot (although mine is nicer :flipoff: ) and I can REALLY appreciate the fact that you did it yourself. That's not anything I can claim! :D

Good job! ;)

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
Wow, Tiny, that's great! Looks really good too. Way to go.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Looks great Tiny! All the better when done yourself!

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
6,805 Posts
I'm very proud of you for doing this yourself. I have such a great feeling of accomplishment when I set out to work on my junk and finish the task at hand. Kudos tiny :)

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Good job Tiny, I never doubted for a minute that you could do it by yourself. You should be proud of yourself! Looks very nice too, (but I'm thinking that the tires are a bit small... Hmmmm). Did you happen to measure rockers to floor before you started? I'm curious as to just how much lift you got out of it.

Wanna go test it out on Sunday? We could go to the off road park thats up behind Elsinore.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone. I have to say, I learned a great deal today, which makes anything worth the effort. The underneath of the jeep doesn't look like such an alien lanscape anymore and I'm understanding more how the suspension works now. I'm really thinking I could tackle something more complicated. (and I'm pretty dang proud of myself considering yesterday I didn't even know where the brakelines were or how the axle was attached to the whole meaty thing)

Yeah, Brian, I could put some bigger tires on it, but those are brand new and I've some other junk I want. Think I should at least wear the whiskers off them.

I'd love to take it out on Sunday. It would have to be a short day though. The family is starting to look at me crosseyed :D

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hahaha, yeah. took a sledge for me to get the sway bar links out to install the quick disconnects. :D

1 - 20 of 623 Posts