Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the Best Top Twill for my JK 2D. The dealer is charging me $75 to install it.

1) Where do you store your windows when you go topless? Can I just roll them up, keep em in the Jeep?I don't want to scratch them.

2) I heard the rear window can get out of wack if you remove it alot.. Is it better to just leave it on? Only zipper it half way?

3) I want the top to look clean when it's down. Any tips on keeping the material tucked and folded nice?

4) Security. I know, I know. It's easy as hell to break in. Do I have any options to make it more secure?

Big thanks everyone.

·
Registered
900 Posts
1. I went to wally world and got some fabric 4 lengths. put eyelits on one end. I put my windows in that and roll them up. Each window has fab on top and bottom so not to scratch. 2 years now and no scratching.

2. only 2 years I take mine out all the time and no problems yet. I tried to unzip both sides and roll up. and attach to the two rubber straps that attach on top and the window hangs. did not like this at all. So now I take all the way out. before I got the tuffy security deck. I would just unzip the rear window and let it lie against the tail gate leaving the bottom attached.

3. Just take your time and make sure as you are pulling back on the sun rider you pull excess fabric back then go the the other side and Pull fabric back on that side. Then let it down the rest of the way.

4. don't put anything in the jeep you do not want to loose!!! I have a tuffy under seat safe. Love it. I just got the tuffy security deck. It is great. Also lock glovebox and center

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I need to slice any of the fabric to install the brackets?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a soft top and a subwoofer that is easy to take out so should I just take it out every time I get out

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Step 1- Remove hard top.

Took 15 minutes.

Will post how long it takes to install the soft top.

Stayed tuned.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So we decided to save the $75 and install it ourselves. Some Jeep dealers quoted $300!
Well it was not fun. Took about 6 hours.

The one window won't seem to stretch enough and damn, they scratch easy. I might try Novus to care for the windows.

The new Best Top Twill (premium) looks damn great and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Do I need to remove all the parts to put the hardtop back on for winter?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts