Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow jeepers, just curious on an easy way to clean the plastic jeep windows mine are pretty dirty

·
Knows a couple things...
49,638 Posts
First, never (!) use paper towels on plastic windows. Paper towels are made from pulverized wood products and as such, easily scratch them to the point that the windows will eventually turn opaque and yellow.

Rinse the dirt off and use a mild soapy solution with a soft cotton towel to clean them. Wipe them dry with a barely damp cotton cloth, dry stiff cloths can scratch. And never wipe dirty windows with anything, the dirt will scratch them. No squeegees either.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Rinse well with water first. Then wipe very carefully with a wet microfiber or sheepskin mitt, Rinse again with water. Dry with a clean microfiber towel. Then spray Plexus and polish with a new microfiber towel. Keep up with Pluxus.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'm going to quit using paper towels. I didn't know that. I have been using Kit Scratch Out after cleaning to somewhat cover the scratches and make them easier to see out of, but I'm not entirely happy with the results. It sort of works, but not as good as I want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts