Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Recently replace all my dash lights in my gauge clusters and speedometer and tachometer. The speedo and tach lights work fine, haven't experienced any problems. However, the dash cluster lights flicker on and off. They don't work all the time and every bump I go over, one shuts off and another one goes on. Any tips on getting a better connection so that the bulbs stay on?

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey guys,

Recently replace all my dash lights in my gauge clusters and speedometer and tachometer. The speedo and tach lights work fine, haven't experienced any problems. However, the dash cluster lights flicker on and off. They don't work all the time and every bump I go over, one shuts off and another one goes on. Any tips on getting a better connection so that the bulbs stay on?

Thanks
What type of bulbs were used? I used LEDs and had a similar issue but it turned out I had just put the bulbs in the wrong orientation.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I would pull the cluster and clean all the contacts first. Use a little dialectic grease on the connections. While out, check your harness plug too and same thing, dialectic grease. Also check the fuse below your steering wheel that feeds that circuit. A few people including myself, had issues with a loose fitting fuse that turned out to be a bad/broken socket. I fixed mine with an in line fuse and abandoned the old.

1992, 4.0,5 spd, BDS 4.5 heavy duty lift, jb conversions ss sye, 8.8 with ARB, Aussie front, tj shafts, dual dia.brake booster, 33” bfg a/t IMG_0541.jpg

·
Registered
134 Posts
I did a write up on this 6 or 7 years ago explaining how I made all my gauges and lights work like new.

The link is here as I just posted it again for someone a few months ago

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help everyone! I'm gonna try these ideas out tomorrow and will update everyone on how it goes.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts