Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my question is as im not very mechanical lol,my 2013 wrangler stock sport has 16s on it im looking at 265/70/17 or 285/70/17 I don't want to add a lift kit at this time but I would like a bit more height wich of these sizes is better also looking at mayhem wheel and mamba and m/t tires any input would be great or pics of these sizes on stock wranglers

·
Super Moderator
16,382 Posts
The 265/70-17 is actually smaller than the stock tires on 17" wheels. I would definitely say the 285/70-17 is the tire of choice. It's basically a 33" tire and looks great on a Wrangler. It should fit without any issues or rubbing as long as you have a wheel with 5" back spacing or less.

You said you don't want to lift, but consider a 1" Teraflex spacer only on the front for leveling and you have a fantastic look. It's $32 well spent in my humble opinion.

Teraflex 1 in. Wrangler Front Spacer-Individual 1953075 (07-15 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping

ETA: I see you asked for a picture, here is mine with the 1" pucks but still on stock tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts