Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

New to the forum. I tried finding what I was looking for but couldn't so I'm hoping someone could answer this question.

I just bought a new 2014 Sport Unlimited that came with 225/75/16's and I'm upgrading to 255/75/17's. When I called the dealership that I bought it from and asked about having the speedo calibrated they told me it would be $350 as I have to buy a module.

I called the dealer in the next town over and they said no module would need to be purchased and they could reprogram for $50.

Before I drive to the next town I was wondering who is correct.

Not looking to buy any kit for resetting it myself if the dealer can do it for $50.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Hi everyone. New to the forum. I tried finding what I was looking for but couldn't so I'm hoping someone could answer this question. I just bought a new 2014 Sport Unlimited that came with 225/75/16's and I'm upgrading to 255/75/17's. When I called the dealership that I bought it from and asked about having the speedo calibrated they told me it would be $350 as I have to buy a module. I called the dealer in the next town over and they said no module would need to be purchased and they could reprogram for $50. Before I drive to the next town I was wondering who is correct. Not looking to buy any kit for resetting it myself if the dealer can do it for $50. Thanks
Buy a Procal and do it yourself, you can use it later if you decide to get 35s or 37s, regear, TPMS off and so on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I don't intend to go over 32's so really have no reason to get the procal if I can do it for $50. My local dealer said it was a new model year requirement that made it cost so much.

There also claiming that with the 2014's the module to upgrade my 430 to use Blue tooth doubled and it will cost me $400 just for the part. I'm just wondering if they are being on the level with me.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I don't intend to go over 32's so really have no reason to get the procal if I can do it for $50. My local dealer said it was a new model year requirement that made it cost so much.

There also claiming that with the 2014's the module to upgrade my 430 to use Blue tooth doubled and it will cost me $400 just for the part. I'm just wondering if they are being on the level with me.
I think it's worth getting it so you can also adjust the TPMS or turn it off if you want. Plus, there are other settings you can also adjust. Right now you might think you're only going to do one thing and save $ by paying the dealer $50. A year from now you might be paying a lot more if there is another issue you want to address. The Procal is a great tool to have. Your choice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So just curious will a dealer know adjustments have been made with an after market device and can they void the warranty?

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
So just curious will a dealer know adjustments have been made with an after market device and can they void the warranty?
Nope.....I made changes to my Jeep in day one with Procal and have been to dealer a couple of times and no issues or slap in the hand. My advice is to go with the AEV Procal and leave your options open for a future mod.

·
Registered
599 Posts
If you're only planning on going to the optional stock 255 tire size (at least for the foreseeable future) just go with the $50 dealer reprogram. It's a stock tire size so the other dealer is blowing smoke. Sure the module procal etc are great but realistically if you don't really need one or plan to need one then 50 bucks now is the way I'd go in your situation, IMO.

·
Retired Moderator
100,685 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
My local Jeep dealer (and I DIDN'T buy it from him) recalibrated my JK from 16" wheels to 17" exactly as you are doing. He charged me $15.00.....It only takes a couple of minutes. You could probably go to a professional tire shop like Vianoor, Goodyear, etc., and get it done for much less than your dealer's price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts