Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
My 31 x 12.5 tire did not fit on the stock tire carrier - the circumference hit both the bumper and the third brake light AND it was too wide to be fastened by the standard bolts. A 35 x 12.5 will be that much worse.

I installed a mount extender but have been told by multiple parties that you never want to use one of those for anything heavier than a 31" because it will mess up your tailgate. Hopefully someone with 35's will come along and tell you how they handled it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ed98208 said:
My 31 x 12.5 tire did not fit on the stock tire carrier - the circumference hit both the bumper and the third brake light AND it was too wide to be fastened by the standard bolts. A 35 x 12.5 will be that much worse.

I installed a mount extender but have been told by multiple parties that you never want to use one of those for anything heavier than a 31" because it will mess up your tailgate. Hopefully someone with 35's will come along and tell you how they handled it.
Thanks I appreciate it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts