Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Is really the way to go tub mount or bumpermount I am looking at the
bestop tub mount because I am looking to run the orfab rear bumper but not sure which way to go for long term this is for a 33

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
I have been running a Bestop Tub Mounted carrier for over 3 years. I hang a 35" tire off it and have had no problems. Run any rear bumper you want. One hand operation, swings with stock tailgate.

Lots of Jeepers I know ask me often why even carry a spare with the new plug kits that are available? That question was answered last weekend.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I have been running a Bestop Tub Mounted carrier for over 3 years. I hang a 35" tire off it and have had no problems. Run any rear bumper you want. One hand operation, swings with stock tailgate.

Lots of Jeepers I know ask me often why even carry a spare with the new plug kits that are available? That question was answered last weekend.

http://s273.photobucket.com/user/pi...4-4177-b616-fb7ffb638125_zpsb756a41c.jpg.html
Damn. Talk about all or nothing :D that's a serious puncture. Looks like it's time for some mtr's with Kevlar maybe. Or when you need new tires at least.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
Damn. Talk about all or nothing :D that's a serious puncture. Looks like it's time for some mtr's with Kevlar maybe. Or when you need new tires at least.
Yeah, kind of a freak thing. Must have hit it just right. I am not sure if a Kevlar sidewall would of helped. It went in at the "Tri-Ply" sidewall logo Procomp likes to brag about.

They offered no kind of warranty, so I am waiting for a new one to show up. The other 3 are still 90% tread. I kept the trophy.

If I had a matching spare to begin with, I would just pick up a trail spare like I am running now. One thing is for sure, I will not be buying another set of Procomp tires. Warranty and customer service is everything these days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts