Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can get a Black Tire Cover that will match the Black that comes on the 2010 Wranglers. I don't want any logos or anything.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
How about any online retailer?

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I got one at Advance Auto to replace the one that was on it because the dealer plastered their logo across it and they couldn't pay me enough to advertise for them. But I ended up not even using it. I began to like the spare being seen. It wasn't much. I would assume most major auto parts stores carry them

·
Vendor
5,686 Posts
Ours are made out of more-or-less same fabric as the tops. Here's a page on part numbers adn sizes.

There may be others on the market that also use comparable fabrics. I've never paid much attention to the competitive landscape for this product. :)

Side note: we sell TONS of these things wholesale to companies that silkscreen a logo or image on them and then resell them at a big profit. I'm not going to say who. But boy, life is good for some people.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Speaking of tire covers, where is a good place to look for a custom tire cover? My wife asked for a tire cover with the autobot emblem on it, and I haven't found a place that makes them. Thanks

Terry

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
As dealers go, mine has been good. So I have the one that they gave me. Eventually, I may paint the rear facing surface of it black and then do an original art work on it. Not sure. Regarding its use as a practical matter, my spare tire has not been rotated by the dealer when it has gone in for service. The tire looks like it did when it was new. It hasn't been exposed to UV and the cover appears to have kept water off of it too. At this point, it seems that the tire will be a good spare until they pry the jeep from my cold dead fingers.

On another note, if you live in a high population area as I do, there is a concern of the spare being lifted (stolen). My theory on this is that the single locking lug nut purchased from Mopar will prevent the spare from being separated from its mount point. At least it won't be separated very easily. The tire cover is a dead giveaway that someone is messing with your vehicle in a bad way. As a former Marine, if I approach my vehicle and someone is in the process of removing my tire cover I will be looking for an equalizing move to help the person see the error of their ways possibly a broken skull or a knee that has been separated by a strong blow to the side unexpectedly. If protecting your own property is not in the offing, then if you come upon your jeep in the same situation you will know to call the police and hopefully they will "catch" the criminal doing what criminals do. Either way, the tire cover becomes a boundary for your spare which a stranger should not venture past. It is an unmistakable sign that something is not right as you approach.

·
Registered
68 Posts
bflank said:
Beg to differ. There are no ex-Marines (unless they have been dishonorably kicked out), but lots of former Marines.
Fair enough. I was just ribbing a fellow Jarhead but if that's how someone wants to refer to their service, so be it. Former and ex- mean the same thing to me, though. I simply say I'm a Marine. Anyone who wants to quibble over dates of service is free to lay down their challenge coin and we can discuss it over a beer :-D

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
I always thought that correct terminology: former was proper when speaking of my service and X was as bflank said above. I would never want to refer to my service and honorable discharge in any terms less than honorable. :D

·
Kansas Coyote
575 Posts
And...want to further thread jack by saying THANK YOU to all of us veterans & current active duty on this special day! :appl:

·
Kansas Coyote
575 Posts
Back to tire cover...I ordered this one when I ordered my jeep. But by the time my jeep arrived I found out they mustof sent me one size smaller cause it wouldn't fit. :mad: By then I discarded all the packaging and receipts so I'm stuck with it. :( It's a nice heavy duty cover though and matches the top very well, unlike the dull grey ones.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts