Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally able to get a set of new tires and not sure what to get. I dont have a lift yet, probably get a 2" later on, but I have it narrowed down to the Hankook DynaPro MT RT03 or the DuraTrac. Both are good looking tires, both have great reviews and priced about the same. I don't do a whole lot of off roading but I do like to find some mud or trails. About ready to just flip a coin.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Just curious, but have you looked into a set of Rubi takeoffs? The KM's are very, very good in the mud. I'd venture to say better than the Duratrac, which is more of an all-around tire.

That said, the Duratrac is *almost* the holy grail of tires IMHO. Good in snow, good in mud, studdable, good in rain. A tougher sidewall is the only real complaint you'll hear.

Is snow a major consideration? If so ... Duratrac or at the very least siping.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don't get a whole lot of snow here in OKC but we have had a few blizzards. I do mostly highway/city driving but like to hit a trail and some mud when I get a chance. In the summer my DD is my Harley.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Look into the kelly TSR same base as the duratrac little more aggressive and cheeper (they are made by goodyear)

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Can't help ya with mud, I don't do mud, but

Everthing else and the Hankook Dynapros are hard to beat, it'll depend on your wheel size--

Mine are LT295/75x16 and are 33.2" installed-

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts