Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brand of deflators do you use? Are you satisfied with their accuracy?

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Yep.. I use the metal one that has a white plastic thing that shoots out to tell you the tire preasure.. Great for airing down and measuring your air preasure.. Im sure there's better out there but it's all I need for the wheeling I do

·
Registered
353 Posts
I use the basic cheap kind that are manual, they are slow but you can check your process with a gauge as they go.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
I bought myself one of the Currie EZ deflaters and it works superbly. Drops my tire from 29psi to 13psi in probably about 45 seconds or so and its built-in gauge is pretty accurate. It actually removes the valve core to let more air be released. I know Jerry Bransford uses it and last time I went everyone kept asking me to use it lol. Only $30 too

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Wheels-Jeep...spx?t_c=11&t_s=107&t_pt=8395&t_pn=CURCE-9029E

·
Registered
505 Posts
I just use a cheap standard tire chuck.. un screw the pin inside the valve stem and lock it back in then check.. cost me 5$

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
snopro269 said:
Staun deflators-get what you pay for only the best!!!
That's what I've used for years now, I'm very happy with them. I built this calibrating tank to set them to the psi I want. Much faster and easier than using the spare.

·
Registered
461 Posts
JPi1 said:
That's what I've used for years now, I'm very happy with them. I built this calibrating tank to set them to the psi I want. Much faster and easier than using the spare.
Very nice setup!!

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Pfft tire deflaters...i just pull the valve stem core out drop down to 2 psi and put the core back in

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
banks316 said:
Pfft tire deflaters...i just pull the valve stem core out drop down to 2 psi and put the core back in
Unless you usually run 14 psi in your tires, you should be letting out more than 2 psi.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i bought a little valve stem removal screw driver for like $2. lets it out a lot faster than the PSI gauge tool. Just don't let tooooo much out....

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Unless you usually run 14 psi in your tires, you should be letting out more than 2 psi.
No I drop them down to 2psi, I run them on the street at 30psi

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
So you have bead locks then?
Humvee two piece wheel with a PVC Internal bead locks, the best way to go if you want to keep your jeep street legal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts