Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 2 dr wrangler sport everything is stock I have the base steel wheels and I'm wondering how big I can go width and diameter without lifting. I don't want to lift because I heard it voids my warranty is this true? I want 33" and I'm willing to get spacers if needed just don't know?? Also if I go with a different rim rather then the stock steel 16" what else should I consider?

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
what ever makes ya happy.. but if you want good sound advice were here for ya

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
I don't want to lift because I heard it voids my warranty is this true?
Thanks but I'm going to confirm with my dealer on size etc...
Dealers have the incentive to lie to you about the warranty questions, and they commonly do. They want you to pay them inflated prices to do work on things like lifts by claiming you'll "void" your warranty otherwise.

Daggo is correct on the warranty. Use the forum search feature to look for the word "void" and you'll find everything you'll want to know.

That said, the answer is that your Chrysler warranty won't cover what you change and won't cover anything damaged by what you change. "Voidness" has nothing to do with it--the issue is "non-coverage." No part of the warranty becomes "void."

So whatever your lift damages will no longer be covered by your Chrysler warranty. What is likely to be "damaged" by a lift depends on how big the lift is, what components are involved, and whether it's properly installed. Parts of your Jeep that are unaffected by the lift will remain covered under the warranty. It makes no difference who installs it.

I have a 2012 2 dr wrangler sport everything is stock I have the base steel wheels and I'm wondering how big I can go width and diameter without lifting.
Without spacers or lifting, you can fit 33x10. You'll probably rub when flexing offroad. You can go wider with wheel spacers, but you'll still probably rub offroad.

I want 33" and I'm willing to get spacers if needed just don't know?? Also if I go with a different rim rather then the stock steel 16" what else should I consider?
You should get smaller wheels with better backspacing. That allows you to get cheaper tires, avoid spacers, and sell your old set up on Craigslist to recoup some cost. There are many, many threads about this. Here's one: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/new-33x12-5r15-duratracs-on-black-rock-d-windows-126381.html

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perfect thank you I think I'm Going to try the 33" x 11 with wheel spacers then if needed in going to go with a 2" lift! I love my new jeep only been an owner for 350 miles and two weeks but I'm hooked!

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Perfect thank you I think I'm Going to try the 33" x 11 with wheel spacers then if needed in going to go with a 2" lift! I love my new jeep only been an owner for 350 miles and two weeks but I'm hooked!
Research prices.

You may find (as I did), that 33s + 15" wheels - Craigslist sale of old wheels is LESS THAN 33s for the old wheels + spacers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts