Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my wrangler almost 2 weeks ago and the local dealer put the tires and wheels on it. Brand new. I went off roading tonight and when I got to a gas station I noticed my tire was way low, so I filled it with air and then it was fine. Got home and left again. Went back to the gas station for stuff and then I could hear the air coming out when I got out of my car, its on the side of my tire on the 'o' of thompson, so I filled out back up and came home and now no air is coming out.

Sorry if that made little to no sense, BUT point being, do I need a new tire with there being a small leak on the side of it, OR is that patchable?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
If may be "patchable", but most shops do not like patching holes in the side wall. Nor would I recommend it.
^^^This.

Patching a hole on the sidewall is dangerous...it can lead to a blowout, since the sidewall is much more vulnerable than the tread of the tire. Which is why tire shops won't mess with it.

You probably oughta buy a new tire.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I figured... :(. I wouldn't worry about buying a new one if my spare was a 35, but the dealership who put the tires on said I'd probably never need to spare...

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
That's what I figured... :(. I wouldn't worry about buying a new one if my spare was a 35, but the dealership who put the tires on said I'd probably never need to spare...
Dude, NEVER listen to the dealership, lol...

A spare is a necessity when wheeling. Unless you wanna walk out and leave your rig in the woods or a canyon somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts