Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a rumour article a couple of months back that the JL would be offering the subject option for which I am really interested. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have shown up in the just released order bank details. Is is safe to conclude this was just another speculative rumour proven untrue or am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Onboard air from the factory/under warranty... how sweet would that be?!?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a little portable 12V compressor and a gage. but I guess this would be more convenient.

I'm assuming we're just talking about a compressor under the hood and not some Humvee style centralized system.

Unfortunately they'll probably charge an arm and a leg for the option.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I don't think all of the options have shown up in the order banks yet. The tire inflation/deflation would be sweet, but that doesn't mean it will happen.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Where was this rumour? Never saw it on the credible sources. More like a Wish-list item.
It's been on MOAB vehicles, but those are extremely far from stock.

I don't think it would ever be a build-sheet option. A Warn Winch barely makes it for special editions, and it's more universal. On-board air is more of a Mopar catalogue option that something in the options list/sheet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been unsuccessful in tying to rediscover where I first read it which means it must be an obscure source and is most likely untrue. I did find a reference to a 2016 concept Wrangler that had a compressor under the hood with external hose connectors and built-in gauge that was speculated could show up in the JL. However, that's not the article that I originally read and this type of setup wouldn't provide much benefit over the portable compressor I already own and use.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
It's a very popular wish-list item, and makes perfect sense for a personal build, I've just never seen it as a probable feature, and would be surprised if FCA put it on a build-sheet instead of in a Mopar catalogue.

Personally I take a portable tank which I pre-charge at home with a compressor. Cheap, and not there during daily driving activities or trekking holidays.

Now a system to inflate from within the cabin at the flip of a switch like Hummer would be nice, but likely cost multiple times as much as a Warn PowerPlant 12.
The CTIS system on a Hummer was a ~ $3,000 to $6,000+ option IIRC and a PITA to service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts