Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 Rubicon 2 dr and I'm thinking about getting a 2.5" teraflex lift. I have the stock tires/rims and don't plan on moving to 35's until these tires are done. (Gonna keep stock rims) My question is will my jeep look funny if I go ahead with the lift and spacers now? Any pics would help. Thanks

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
2.5" with 33" looks normal. 32" Rubi wheels will look a little small, but not terrible imo.

Here's mine when I had 2.5" RK lift and 33's.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Heres my 2012 JKUR. 2 1/2" teraflex with stock powdercoated wheels and stick BFG mud terrains. I also have spidertrax spacers on as well.

image-54001810.jpg

·
Registered
317 Posts
Keep in mind, you will need Wheel spacers to run the stock wheels.

·
Registered
317 Posts
kjeeper10 said:
The Op mentioned spacers.
Thanks, just don't want anyone loosing track of that like I did.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Why do you need spacers with the 2 1/2" teraflex lift and stock 32"s? Just curious, that's the first I heard that I think...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Why do you need spacers with the 2 1/2" teraflex lift and stock 32"s? Just curious, that's the first I heard that I think...
The stock rims have something like a 6.5" backspacing, and with the longer Rear Sway Bar links, the Sway bar links will hit the inside of the stock rims. Therefore Spacers or aftermarket wheels with approx a 4.5" backspacing are required to provide enough space from the inside of the wheel to the sway bar links.

This is something I didn't consider until right before I put my lift on. I ended up buying new tires and wheels at the same time of the lift. I was going to do that eventually anyway, but it certainly added to the sticker shock...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the advice and pics. Very helpful.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Heres my 2012 JKUR. 2 1/2" teraflex with stock powdercoated wheels and stick BFG mud terrains. I also have spidertrax spacers on as well.

View attachment 175738
Are you running 1" spacers?
And if you don't mind, what did it run you to PC the rims?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mr.Bill said:
Are you running 1" spacers?
And if you don't mind, what did it run you to PC the rims?
They are 1.5" spacers. I had to use spacers with the Teraflex 2.5" BB. its a requirement when using stock wheels. The wheels were $375 to have all 5 powdercoated. Im very happy with how they turned out. Had my Jeep up at Rausch Creek and they held up great on the rocks with only a tiny little nick out of one of them that I touched up with a black sharpie marker. It was that small.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts