Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 rubicon with stock tires of 245/75/17. After changing my tires and rims to size 265/70/17 my TMPS light is steady ON. Also both my rear tires are blinking. On the the dash it says "inflate - 35 psi". Whats the correct psi for both front and rear tire? Is there a way to change the psi reading so it wont force me to increase the minimum psi required? Or do I really have to increase my new tires to 35 psi on the rear tires? Thanks.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I have a 2014 rubicon with stock tires of 245/75/17. After changing my tires and rims to size 265/70/17 my TMPS light is steady ON. Also both my rear tires are blinking. On the the dash it says "inflate - 35 psi". Whats the correct psi for both front and rear tire? Is there a way to change the psi reading so it wont force me to increase the minimum psi required? Or do I really have to increase my new tires to 35 psi on the rear tires? Thanks.
I think 37 psi is whats recommended for 14's and up, stock. Should say on the door jam.
You can air tires up to that ,light should go out , you can get a programer like AEV Procal,
Or flashcal etc to turn system off if you choose.....

·
Super Moderator
21,961 Posts
Pump all tires up over 37psi drive a while then put them down to 33 and light will stay off

·
Registered
877 Posts
Tpms?

OK, just wanna throw this out for ya'
Did the tire shop also transfer your TPMS sensors when they changed the rims? And if they did, could they have damaged them in some way?

·
Super Moderator
21,961 Posts
I will say it is near impossible to damage them. I just changed my own set of tires using tire irons and worried about them but after doing it I can't see how you could damage them. Tough sealed plastic units.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts