Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so now i need a spear mount for my 33" tire what should i use, i really dont want to spend alot of cash for it thanks oh i live on bumpy roads so i need somthing tough

·
Registered
593 Posts
The only thing cheap is going to be a door mount and a 33" on a bumpy road spells disaster in my book... When i had 33's i had it mounted to the door and both hinges bent and distorted the door... Bumper swing is the only way to go in my opinion... Cheapest around is a rampage setup.. Thats what i use and it works great.. here's a link

Rampage Products Rock Rage Bumper with Receiver Hitch & Tire Carrier for 87-06 Jeep® YJ, TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

Strickly my opinion on this... There are many here that use a door mount and sware by it still..

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Rampage Products makes a nice extension that isn't too costly, but a 33" tire is going to put some serious strain on your stock hinges and *will* cause your tail gate to go out of alignment eventually. Bumpy roads will make it worse. That's the cheapest route to go though for something to get you by. I can get you one at a good price if you want to PM me. Or if you want the actual bumper, can do that too.

So are you looking for an extension or an actual bumper/tire carrier?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts