Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recsntly got a 2018 jeep sahara. It has 255/70r18's. I was wondering how a 33x12.5 a/t would effect my gas mileage.

·
Super Moderator
15,726 Posts
It will affect it, the 12.5" wide more so than the 33". No one can give an semi-accurate guess on MPG without knowing what part of the country, or what country you're in.. as well as your driving style, type of gas you use, etc. I can tell you that our '16 with a 315/70/17 tire got around 15.5 EVIC average in fairly flat Oklahoma.

If gas mileage is a concern for you then I would leave it alone. One might also suggest that if gas mileage is a concern you may have chosen the wrong vehicle :D If not a huge concern then add your tires and enjoy them!

Glad to have you here!
Welcome to Wrangler Forum :welcome: :wavey:

·
Super Moderator
7,702 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
639 Posts
OP, welcome and your driving the wrong vehicle if your worried about MPGs

Anything larger than factory, then yes

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Tread pattern also affects mpg. For example, KM mudders give 1-2 mpg lower than the AT's used on the Sports.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The Wrangler is so inefficient moving through the air, that any other changes will have very little effect, except for forced induction or lower gears.

I would say the effect is so small as to be inconsequential. At $3/gal, your probably talking about $0.75/100miles at most. That's way cheaper than a pack of cigarettes or a bottle of Jack Daniels and you will feel a lot better after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts