Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which tires are the best?

• BFG KM2

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Goodyear Duratrac

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Toyo R/T

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Toyo M/T

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Toyo AT2

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Cooper STT

Votes: 9 20.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weekend Warrior Tire Poll

What is the best weekend warrior tires? Like a lot of people I'm not In the dirt everyday and want a tire that is more quiet than the stock rubi/willy's BFG's. It still needs to look good of course haha! Also post any other ideas!

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
96 Posts
I went with the Toyo R/T's, the M/T's were a bit to noisy, and the A/T was not aggressive enough. So far the R/T's are quiet, but I only have 1K miles on them and I am not sure if they will get noisier as they wear. I have been told if I keep them rotated they won't get noisy.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I went with DTs on both Jeeps. The wife's JKU had the Duellers on them, too street tire for my tastes plus I had them on the Dodge Nitro as stock and was not impressed the first winter. I was going to go KO2s but I like the open tread. They handled great this last winter. Even though the sidewalls are more suspectable to punchure, I went with the DTs because of the light trailing, but the more open treads seem more versitile to me. And my main factor was the Snowflake triangle winter rating.

Plus look good haha

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I went with General Grabber AT2. Look good, long lasting, inexpensive and one of the few AT's that have a severe winter rating (snowflake on sidewall).

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Your poll is gonna get some interesting votes your comparing AT tires to a hybrid mt/at and a MT tire

I have just sold my km2's that had 30k miles and still had 6/32 left. And replaced them with ko2's

Km2 is a great mud tire that sees use Onroad.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your poll is gonna get some interesting votes your comparing AT tires to a hybrid mt/at and a MT tire

I have just sold my km2's that had 30k miles and still had 6/32 left. And replaced them with ko2's

Km2 is a great mud tire that sees use Onroad.
Im glad you noticed! I purposely did that so I/others can find out what are the quiter mud tires around. I've read Toyo M/T were quiet for mud tires, so that's why they are there. Whether it's true or not, IDK. It seems There is a lot of conflicting opinions on what tires are quiet, good off road, etc.

Thanks,
Matthew

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
Im glad you noticed! I purposely did that so I/others can find out what are the quiter mud tires around. I've read Toyo M/T were quiet for mud tires, so that's why they are there. Whether it's true or not, IDK. It seems There is a lot of conflicting opinions on what tires are quiet, good off road, etc. Thanks, Matthew

I worked in the tire/offroad industry for 10 years when it comes to what's quiet it's a crapshoot what one thinks is quiet others will not. Best way to pick a tire is see what locals in your area run. In my area KO2's are the goto all terrain. MTR/KM2 for mud tires. And for comp compound. krawlers and falken mt are the goto

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I like affordable. Or more affordable. 38 mud grapplers were amazing. 35 mastercraft mxt ok. Narrow. Great wear. Jus got into 37 iroks so far impressive in snow. I'm a mt guy.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I voted Duratrac and here's why:

Toyo tires are WAY too heavy for a DD/weekend warrior

Cooper STT isn't being produced anymore

BFG runs small, is loud as hell on pavement, and is extremely over-rated in the offroad community.

For a DD/weekend warrior, the Duratrac is good. It's got good traction in mud and snow, looks amazing, and is lightweight for your travels on the pavement during the week.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Cooper now has the stt pro which imo is a better design anyway.

If your gonna play in the rocks the sidewall on the Duratrac is fairly thin. I've seen them sliced pretty good. Other then that it seems to be a great tire

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
So you're looking for a weekend warrior tire and somehow the Goodyear MTR w/Kevlar isnt on your list? I may be a bit biased but they are usually on back order for a reason! Mine have been through rocks, mud, clay, snow, ice and are daily driven, have yet to fail me yet. Keep them rotated and properly balanced, you'll be hard pressed to find a better tire that you'll get 40k+ out of

·
Registered
357 Posts
bfg ko2 get great reviews...will be trying them out soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts