Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on a 4inch Rough country lift with 33x12.50 BFG AT's. I was wondering what would be a good air pressure to run for daily driving. I have them set a 30psi and I think this might be to much air. I'm not sure if it will mater or not but I have 8inch wide rims. Does anyone have any suggestions?:confused:

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
30 is close. Just depends on the weight of your jeep. Do the chalk test to see how the tire is riding under normal driving :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I look at the tire with the road dirt on it, I can see about an inch on each side that doesn't look like its touching. Do you think I should dorp the pressure a little more? I'm looking to get the most out of the ride and mpg since I have a 20 mile trip to work one way.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hank, 30psi is not to high for those tires. I normally run 28 but when gas spiked earlier this summer, I went up to 30 just to try and help the mpg a bit. I drive about the same mileage to work as you.

·
Registered
359 Posts
For a 33 i usually run 30-35 psi. But with most of my flotation tires sizes i run through water or even the chalk thing and make sure the full foot print is on the ground. Alot of it depends on the weight of the vehicle too. With my Jeep i usually run 15 in my boggers and iroks. Otherwise i wear out the center line of the tread. But every one has their opinions on it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
33s I ran 26lbs. and wear was even.Stock 30s recomended pressure is 29lbs.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I run 30lbs. on a 230 mi trip (one way) I averaged 17.5mpg. I thought that was pretty good for a lifted aerodynamic brick that weighs 2 tons. But opinions vary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts