Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty yet again I'm new here and I am trying to utilize this forum and become part of the group :), my tire pressure light recently came up, and I checked my tires and they are all 30psi. I looked at the door and it says 32psi is the recommended.. now I have 32inch MT's, not the regular sized tires that come on X Wranglers, (I have the Islander with the 32inch MT's) I was wondering what should my PSI be?!

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Take another look at the door. I think the recommended pressure on those tires is 37, which would explain why 30 would set off the TPMS.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds just about right, plus on 32 MT's I think 32 would be low.. so Alright thanks man!

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
32" on stock JK's (sports, rubi) are recommended by Chrysler to be at 37 psi. Fill them all to this level including your spare, it has a TPMS too.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: You could disable the sys, or set it however low tire pressure, you want to run your tires !!

AEVPM, or superchip, however much you want to spend !!

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
ESP123 said:
32" on stock JK's (sports, rubi) are recommended by Chrysler to be at 37 psi. Fill them all to this level including your spare, it has a TPMS too.
Interesting factoid: While equipped with a sensor, the spare won't set off the TPMS alarm. So says the manual.

Of course, you should have your spare at the right pressure in any event.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Interesting factoid: While equipped with a sensor, the spare won't set off the TPMS alarm. So says the manual.

Of course, you should have your spare at the right pressure in any event.
Bizzare...it makes sense but the first time my light came on all 4 tires were ok except the spare was 4 psi to low. Why do most say it matters then? I guess I've never looked into it to deeply.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I run my 10 Rubi at 37 and found that it seems to be the best for contact coverage, ride and handling.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You all, are simply great. I am extremely thankful, also I know you cause more wear on the tread life of your tires by having low PSI, so I've been running them a couple of days and I doubt it'll do any crazy damage. But thanks so much!

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
ESP123 said:
Bizzare...it makes sense but the first time my light came on all 4 tires were ok except the spare was 4 psi to low. Why do most say it matters then? I guess I've never looked into it to deeply.
I'm with you, I had no idea. I would never have known but for my tire pressure thread from a while back where I just happened to look it up in the manual. Apparently the Jeep somehow distinguishes between the four on the vehicle and the one on the back. So, unless the manual is wrong (or I'm reading it wrong), most folks are just incorrect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts