Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the worse luck. Please help. 2013 JK 30K miles automatic. Had a flat tire on my left rear. Currently have 35s but was stuck having to put my stock spare on. Went and had a friend sell me two 35s with almost exact same tread as my other 2 tires. So I instead of buying 2 new tires to fix my issue I put my 2 best tires in the back and the 2 used ones I just bought on the front. Auto shop put them on for me. Next day battery dies. Dealer replaced under warranty. Next day tire pressure light comes on. Pressure is good so I assume a bad sensor. I ignored for a week until my abs light and traction control light started coming on everytime I cranked and car would barely move for the first 30 secinds then lights would go off (except tire pressure) and car would smooth out.

Took it to the guy who mounted tires and he said my sensors were good and couldn't figure it out so took it to the dealership and they said computer told them left rear abs sensor needs to be replaced. They replace and tire pressure light still on. Tech says he sees nothing else wrong drives it for 20 mins and light goes off. Well light stayed off for 2 days now it's back on. What in the world could this be?

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I know you said that the pressure was good but what tire pressure are you running and what tire pressure is listed on the door jamb (most likely 35).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
apparently my gauge is off cause dealer said they were all at 36

also they said $200 for new tire monitoring module. Found the part online for only $86 but no clue how to install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts