Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my tire pressure monitor all the time. Running 33" falkens @ 35psi and it dings and alarms me frequently. When I check pressure there is usually no change from 35psi. Stealer says no problem add more air. I asked them to reprogram for lower pressure they say they can't.

I have 12 jku. Anyone have similar problem? Anyone make a programmer for the 12 yet?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yes. I had the warning light go on a month ago with my 33's. Took it to the dealer, they said everything was fine, it should go away after a few miles because they reprogrammed it.

It never went away. I switched my 33's for the stock tires and the light went away. I also noticed a sound coming from one of my 33's when I rolled it. Sounds like a marble in it. I think it's the sensor.

But today, the warning light came back on today, with the stock tires. I did a little mudding the other day. I think these things are so cheap they break off when you hit big ruts or mud or something. Maybe. I honestly have no idea.

·
Registered
876 Posts
So my tire pressure monitor all the time. Running 33" falkens @ 35psi and it dings and alarms me frequently. When I check pressure there is usually no change from 35psi. Stealer says no problem add more air. I asked them to reprogram for lower pressure they say they can't.

I have 12 jku. Anyone have similar problem? Anyone make a programmer for the 12 yet?
Programer has been on line for months. AEV Procal! Stealership has their head up their A$$ and can't if it's a mod they don't endorse! Or maybe will not help?

Not sure, but I can tell you this is the cat's meow!

AEV Conversions 30406007AE - AEV ProCal Module for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

50 Something

·
The Bad Guy
23,178 Posts
Yes. I had the warning light go on a month ago with my 33's. Took it to the dealer, they said everything was fine, it should go away after a few miles because they reprogrammed it.

It never went away. I switched my 33's for the stock tires and the light went away. I also noticed a sound coming from one of my 33's when I rolled it. Sounds like a marble in it. I think it's the sensor.

But today, the warning light came back on today, with the stock tires. I did a little mudding the other day. I think these things are so cheap they break off when you hit big ruts or mud or something. Maybe. I honestly have no idea.
That makes no sense. The sensor is part of the valve on the wheel and has nothing to do with the tire. If it dings and stays on, you have low pressure. (it does NOT read the spare) If it dings and blinks for 75 seconds then stays on, each time you start the engine, you have a defective sensor (or no sensor).

·
Registered
710 Posts
I had the same problem and finally figured out i had a slow leak in my valve stem. Dealer gave me the same b.s. about airing up, when i already had it at 40psi... use some soapy water on all the stems and try and find a leak.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
My 08 alarm required replacing the valve stem in the spare before it quit seeping down below 35#. After that, no trouble these past 22 months.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Yeah, on the 2010 JKU found out it was the spare losing air
Kids playing jokes letting some air out of the spare
The tpms doesn't read the spare unless it's rolling, which the device then synchs with the computer if it's used on the vehicle. You sure the kids weren't letting air out of one of the 4 that were rolling.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
That makes no sense. The sensor is part of the valve on the wheel and has nothing to do with the tire. If it dings and stays on, you have low pressure. (it does NOT read the spare) If it dings and blinks for 75 seconds then stays on, each time you start the engine, you have a defective sensor (or no sensor).
Part of the sensor is in the wheel and could have broken off. From what i have seen they're plastic. A friend of mine had a flat tire and it ruined the sensor

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Well, I think the sensor in one of the 33's is broke, so when I took the 33's off, and put the stock tires and rims on, the warning light went off because the senors on the stock tires and rims was functioning. Sorry, I probably didn't explain that correctly. I didn't just swap tires, I swapped tires and rims.

Of course ,that doesn't explain why it's on again, with the stock tires and rims lol.

And I think the problem is exactly what the other poster says. Part of the sensor is on the inside on the stem, and maybe I broke it wheeling or hitting a huge pot hole.

·
The Bad Guy
23,178 Posts
And I think the problem is exactly what the other poster says. Part of the sensor is on the inside on the stem, and maybe I broke it wheeling or hitting a huge pot hole.
Yes the sensor is on the inside. They also run on batteries. If you wheel your Jeep often and air down, your battery will wear faster than normal, causing it to malfunction. Batteries are not replaceable. When one of the batteries dies, you will get the malfunction light. There are many also many things that will interfere with the signal according to the owner's manual. IIRC, one of them is window tint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts