Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, i just bought a wrangler unlimited 2014, and I discovered that the tire pressure monitoring system is illuminated in green, and doesn't turned off even after inflating all tires as per factory settings mentioned on the side panel of the door! Can anyone help me to understand that and how to fix it please? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I inflated it as per factory settings and yes it has the factory tires, and yes i drove for about 30 minutes after inflating the tires but still the lamp is illuminated!

Thanks for ur reply

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought new wheels for my 2014 JKU and learned the Tire Pressure Monitoring System amounts to tiny sensors, powered by watch batteries, mounted at the base of the inflation stems inside the tires. After 3-4 years the batteries begin to poop out. The system gets whacky and can't be relied upon. Unfortunately, the only way to solve the problem is to dismount the tires, replace the batteries (or whole sensors) and remount them. The technician who taught me this used the under dash computer connection to reset the system, with my weak batteries so it'll work for a while. But, when the batteries are dead, I'll just have to use my ol' time pressure gauge 'till it's time to buy new tires, 'cause I'm not going to go to all the trouble to maintain such an iffy bit of trinketry. Yours kindly; Garthogg

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
To simplify what's been mentioned so far. The wheels have electronic transmitters that transmit a signal to electronic receivers mounted on the body of the Jeep. Special equipment is required in order to test and diagnose the system.

Without this equipment, there isn't much else you can do. If you got the Wrangler at a dealership then there might be some warranty to take care of it. If there is no warranty, I would drop by a reputable tire shop where they have the required equipment and get them to check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts